Who is creating NT HealthPathways?
Northern Territory HealthPathways is a collaborative project between NT
PHN, Top End Health Service, Central Australia Health Service, Darwin Private
Hospital, Health Providers Alliance Northern Territory and Aboriginal Medical
Services Alliance Northern Territory
How will NT HealthPathways benefit GP's?
HealthPathways will be quick and easy. It will help GPs and primary care
providers manage a condition or accurately refer a patient to local specialists
and services in as little as a few seconds.
- support decision making for assessment, management and appropriate
- provide clear localised referral information leading to better quality
referrals, decreased return referrals, timely specialist access.
- improve relationships between service providers due to locally agreed
How will NT HealthPathways benefit patients?
NT HealthPathways is
designed to make a real difference to patients. The aim is to help patients get
the right care, at the right time and in the right place.
will enable GPs to better help patients by outlining:
- the best management and treatment options and appropriate care in the
primary health setting
- timely access to specialist and allied health
- educational resources and information for patients
What is included in HealthPathways?
- Generic HealthPathways with best practice assesment and treatment which
does not yet have the local NT information
- Localised HealthPathways and localised NT referral pathways (request
pages) RPHCM manual access
- Electronic Theraputic Guidelines (eTG) access with authenticated URL for
- Health Alerts
- Access to NT PHN calendar of events
Can health providers suggest improvements to NT HealthPathways?
will continue to develop and improve.
Every page in
HealthPathways has a feedback submission button in the top right hand corner.
Use this to contact your local HealthPathways team with questions, or
suggestions for improvement. We welcome and need this level of ongoing feedback
to ensure the accuracy of the site